Romanian Gastronomy Tour with Dacia
From: 150.00 €
The Red Patrol Romanian authentic Dacia cars from the 80’s will take you through Bucharest in a ride to discover the flavored gastronomic experiences of the Balkans.
You will have the best experience of a two-in-one tour: seeing Bucharest from an old Romanian car and discovering the typical Romanian food while learning the way of cooking and eating of Romanians.
You’ll meet the Romanian cuisine, presented by a visit to the biggest food market of Bucharest , you will visit 3 top places for tasting the local dishes :
- A visit of the biggest Bucharest Market, Halele Obor with “Hala de carne” (Meat Market), ”Hala de peste” (Fish Market) and “Piata de legume“ (Vegetable Market). A presentation of the main ingredients of Romanian food and basic element of Romanian cooking style
- Tasting of the Romanian ”mici” or ”mititei” from Obor Market.
- A visit to a 2 in 1 bistro shop & tasting of Romanian cheese, dried meats, and “zacusca”;
- A lunch at restaurant with a modern interpretation of the Romanian cuisine .
Between the gastronomic stops you’ll make a memorable ride with our Dacia car from the 80’s on Victoria Socialismului , Ceausescu’s Champs-Elysee and Calea Victoriei boulevards. Stops for pictures & stories at Casa Poporului, the Palace of Parliament. You’ll get unique photos with an iconic car for Romanians and the city.
The ultimate city tour of Bucharest with a fully restored Romanian vintage car from the 70′-80’s !
- 4-5 hours tour in fully restored Dacia 1300/1310
- English speaking guide in the car
- Ride at Parliament Palace (Casa Poporului ) & Victoria Socialismului Boulevard. Stop for pictures & stories.
- Visit of the 3 halls (meat, vegetable, fish) from Piata Obor, the biggest market of Bucharest. Presentation of the Romanian food main ingredients. Photos /chat with the peasants.
- Tasting of the famous “mititei” from Obor .
- Ride to the Bistro for a tasting of traditional Romanian amuse bouche. Shopping (optional).
- Ride to a restaurant for a Lunch with Romanian traditional dishes, interpreted in a modern manner. Presentation of Romanian way of cooking (3 courses, drinks from the selection of the restaurant)
- Ride on Calea Victoriei Boulevard towards your accommodation place.
- Red Patrol tour gift
- Hotel pick-up & drop off included only for addresses from Bucharest, Romania.
- Starts daily at 10.00 AM
- Maximum 3 guests per car, if more than 3 persons we make of convoy of 2, 3 cars .
- Personal shopping during the tour is not included.
- During wintertime our cars are heated !
- If you want to drive the Dacia, pick The Communist Tour of Bucharest with Dacia