This policy was last updated: 20 June 2018
Red Patrol takes your privacy very seriously.
- We will not share your data for others’ marketing purposes. Please be assured that you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us. We will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to any third parties.
- How to stop or change how we communicate with you. If at any time you wish to stop or change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, please do get in touch. We will provide you with contact details or you can use the details at the bottom of this policy.
Red Patrol takes your privacy very seriously and we want you to understand clearly how we use the Personal information we collect about you. When you share information with us, we will always tell you how we will use it depending on how and why we are collecting the information.
- What we collect, why we collect it and how we use it
- The type of personal information we collect will depend on why you are providing it and how we are using it.
- When we collect personal information, we will always explain clearly what information we are collecting, why we are collecting it and how we will use it.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with any of our services.
How we collect your personal information
In order to provide the services you want, and to allow you to experience a more personalised service when you revisit us, we may ask about your personal details and interests. We find these out by asking you, by reading your customer feedback comments and by looking at the most popular areas of our site.
We will only collect personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc) which you have provided voluntarily to us either by completing registration or enquiry forms or sending emails to us. Please do not submit your personal data to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
We may obtain your information in the following ways:
- Directly from you – If you give us your information directly when you buy our tour or when you ask us for any other offer for any other service/ tour we provide.
- When you access Red Patrol’s Social Media – We might also obtain your personal information through your use of social media such as Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
Examples of where we may collect your personal information include (without limitation):
- If you order a brochure or newsletter we ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so we can effectively email you the newsletters you’ve subscribed to.
- If you submit a tour enquiry we ask for your name, telephone number and e-mail address. This is so we can effectively return the requested information to you.
- If you enter a contest or promotion we ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so we can run the contest effectively and let you know if you have won.
- If you order any product or service from us we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, delivery and billing address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number to be forwarded to the tour guides, car drivers or couriers who may deliver your order. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently.
- If you fill out our client information forms on arrival, we will ask you for your telephone number, email address, home address, nationality and profession.
- If you submit feedback to us through our digital customer feedback forms, we will ask for your booking name and email address.
- A web beacon is a small graphic image placed on a web page that is designed to allow us to monitor visitors to our site.
- A cookie is small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you first visit our site. The cookie allows us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience with our website will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies.
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platforms, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on our website and your geographical location.
Profiling is any form of automated processing of personal data to build up a picture of a person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects about that person’s economic situation, personal preferences or interests. We may use the information we hold about you based on your interactions with us in order to build our relationship with you, offer you the right help or information and personalise things we offer to you.
Who we share your information with
We will not transfer, sell, lease or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties. The only situation when we may do so is as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of the company Gold Voyage SRL offering the Red Patrol tour.
Depending on why you provided us with your personal information and how we are using it, we may need to share your information with other organisations or individuals, such as those that provide services on our behalf (e.g. drivers, guides, accountants).
We may provide third parties, such as digital agency, online consultants and other suppliers, at our discretion, with certain aggregate statistical data about your use of our websites, which data may include demographic data such as age range and/or geographic location of groups of user. It will not include information that could personally identify you.
We may also need to disclose your personal information to another organisation if we are required to do so to meet a legal obligation. We reserve the right to access and to disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or requests by applicable regulatory bodies, to operate our systems properly or to protect either ourselves or our other users.
Because the Red Patrol tours are taking place exclusively on the territory of Romania, your personal information will not be transferred outside the country and of the European Union.
We may monitor and keep records of email communications which you send to us and other communications with you in accordance with this policy and our other business interests.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/ or use of our sites. However we use our reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
You have the right to:
- Be informed about what we are doing with your personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Request access to your Personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”);
- Request us to update the Personal information we hold about you or delete the information we hold about you (although we will not be able to provide our services to you if you make this request);
- Ask us to stop processing personal information about you where we are relying on a legitimate interest;
- Ask us to restrict how we use your personal information for a period of time;
- Request us to send another organisation information that you have provided to us in a computer-readable format;
- Understand and input into a decision made by solely automated means if it has a legal or similarly significant effect on you;
- Withdraw consent if that is the basis that we are relying on. We will inform you how to do this.
Should your personal information change or if you no longer wish to receive newsletters or services you have signed up for, or if you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, or have any other queries please email us at [email protected], and send us a detailed request.
For further information on your rights
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information, or how we handle any requests you make, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details below:
- [email protected] or Bucharest, district 4, 11 Principatele Unite street, apartment 1.